The #1 thing you can do when putting your outfits together is to build in a ton of variety! The more variety you have, the more dynamic your session will be.
Here’s 7 things you can do to get the ultimate variety out of your senior session outfits!
1. Change up your colors: Even if white is your number one fave color, try not to wear it for all of your session outfits. Wearing the same color throughout your session can make your entire session look repetitive. Make sure your wardrobe showcases several different colors, hues patterns, and tones to provide as much variety as possible. Not sure which colors look best on your skin tones? Download our FREE skin tones guide today!
2. Change up your looks (casual, sophisticated, retro, formal, etc): Think about each wardrobe you bring as a categorized collection. For your first outfit, consider a casual outfit that is true to you. Then follow that up with a formal or sophisticated look. Afterward, wear something a bit more urban or retro, then maybe something bohemian. If you think of your outfits in this manner, you’ll be sure to have a beautiful variation in your session wardrobe looks.
3. Change up your style (pants, short skirt, maxi dress, suiting, romper): I know that you may love your ripped jeans that you always wear, but make sure that they’re only showcased in one of your session outfits. So, if one of your outfits features your fave ripped jeans, make sure your next one features a mini skirt or maxi dress. Maybe a printed romper or blazer paired with shorts? Whatever you do, keep transitioning for maximum variety.
4. Change up your accessories: One of the best ways to change up the look of your outfits is to alternate the accessories that you are wearing. Try throwing on a felt hat for a more fall feel, or a boaters hat to keep it tropical. If you want to push it to the limit, go with a complementary beret or military style hat for the ultimate contrast. Don’t forget that sunglasses, jackets, and scarves can be added to any outfit for a fun look! Earrings, bracelets, and necklaces also really showcase who you are, so add your own touch to each outfit change.
5. Change up your textures (sheers, cable knits, denim, silk, canvas, etc): A great way to mix up your outfits is to consider their textures. While leather and suede are creamy smooth, cable knits and faux furs can be cozy and heavy in texture. Choosing your wardrobe options around different textures can make for a beautiful aesthetic that changes from one look to the next. By layering differnet textures, you also add more variety to your outfit. A leather jacket over a t shirt, with a flow skirt. Different textures and layers add so many different looks.
6. Change up your seasonal trends and alternate them: A great way to infuse variety into your session wardrobe is to cross over seasonal trends! Don’t be scared to wear a scarf and hat for a fall styled outfit, then throw on a floral mini for a more springtime look! This will make your images look like they were taken in different seasons and can add a ton of interested to your session as a whole! in Florida, our seasons don’t vary much, so you can add a pop of spring in your fall session, because its still warm enough especially during the warmest part of the afternoon.
7. Change up your makeup & hair: Between each look, update your lip color and change your hair style. Consider adding a subtle braid for a feminine update or a high pony for a more sophisticated look. Adding clips, hats and other hair accessories change your look as well. Have a hair do you rock all the time, lets add it!
Want to know what NOT to wear for your senior session? Download our free guide that shares our top five things to avoid when planning your session attire to ensure you look and feel your best during this once in a lifetime experience.